GRRIP Winter Newsletter 2022-2023
Dear GRRIP odyssey companions,
We come to the end of the GRRIP project!
Over the past four years, the GRRIP project has worked on embedding sustainable Responsible Research and Innovation (RRI) practices in four research performing organisations (RPOs) and one dual-function RPO and research funding organisation (RFO) (total 5 RPOs&RFO) in the marine and maritime sector to achieve institutional and cultural change. These organisations are:
- The Science Foundation Ireland Research Centre for Energy, Climate and Marine research and innovation, Ireland
- Swansea University, United Kingdom
- Institut Universitaire Mer et Littoral (Sea and Littoral Research Institute), France
- The Oceanic Platform for the Canary Islands (PLOCAN), Spain
- WavEC Offshore Renewables (WavEC), Portugal
Despite the multitude of challenges which are part of organisational change projects, compounded by the COVID-19 pandemic, GRRIP has been successful in bringing about evidence-based institutional changes in the RRI areas of gender equality (and broader equality, diversity, and inclusion aspects), public engagement, science education, ethics, and open access.
All reports from the project will be available on the GRRIP website soon!
We take this opportunity to express our heartfelt thanks to you for joining us in this journey, as advisors and participants!
Click here to download the GRRIP Winter Newsletter 2022-2023.